This green, creamy, fruity smoothie is so delicious. I love having it in the morning for breakfast. Bonus: it’s filled with the magical powers of Spirulina… drum roll please, because Spirulina is seriously a super food.
Spirulina is high in iron, calcium, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and contains all essential amino acids. It also contains the most protein per gram compared to all other plant-foods! (6.6g per 10g) Some incredible facts: Spirulina contains 5756% more iron than spinach, 334% more protein than beef, 475% more calcium than cow’s milk and 118% more vitamin B12 than raw beef liver… woah! It has a unique and strong taste, so incorporating it into smoothies is a great way to get your daily intake of Spirulina.
I hope you love this smoothie as much as I do! If you try it out, let me know in the comments or on Instagram. Enjoy friends!
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized green apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup raw almonds or walnuts (or a mixture of both!)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I like Almond Breeze)
- 1 or 2 tsp Spirulina depending on your preference (I used Nature’s Choice)
- Add the nuts to a blender and pulse to ground.
- Add the banana, apple, strawberries, milk and Spirulina powder to the blender and combine until creamy and smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze to enjoy later.
Total Time: 5 minutes